ESE 2023 Mains Mechanical Engineering Conventional Paper I Previous Conventional Questions with Solutions
20% Discount Free Shipping
Offer price: 760.00 ₨
Actual Price(MRP): 950.00 ₨
Discount: 190.00 ₨
In UPSC Engineering Services, Conventional Papers have 54.5% weightage in the entire process of written test.
In Paper – I of Mechanical Engineering four subjects are included as follows:
03.Fluid Mechanics & Turbomachinery
04.Renewable Sources of Energy
The following approach is advisable to secure maximum marks.
- While solving any question the following appropriate steps should generally be followed. Steps will also have due weightage.
(a) Mention the given data
(b) Draw the appropriate figure, if applicable, with parts labeled properly
- State the concept on which the problem is being solved
- Write the relevant formulae with standard notations and abbreviations.
- Incase the question is to be solved from the fundamentals, necessary derivations should be done. Otherwise 70% of marks one has to lose. If the question carries more marks (like 10 to 20 marks) detailed analysis is compulsory to score high. If the question carries less marks (<8) the formulae with abbreviations and concept may be sufficient. In any case, the assumptions made shall be written clearly while solving a problem.
- The neatness and presentation of solutions will have 5% marks.
- Using short sentences and brevity in expressing the content is appreciated.
- Practice of numerical problems using calculator is very much essential instead of reading merely.
- Try to understand and practice the solutions keeping in view QCAB format
The solutions are prepared with utmost care. In spite of this there may be some typographical mistakes or improper sequence. The student is requested to inform us regarding errors, if any to firstname.lastname@example.org. ACE Engineering Publications will be grateful in this regard.
Thanks to all the professors who co-operated in the preparation of this booklet. Thanks to the Academic Assistants and Data Entry section in the design of this booklet.